Tonsillitis Causes Difficulty in Swallowing!
Tonsillitis can be understood as the inflammation (swelling) of the tonsils. Thetonsils are lymph nodes in the back of the mouth and top of the throat. They normally help to filter out bacteria and other germs to prevent infection in the body. Tonsillitis can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection. Strep throat is a common cause. Tonsillitis is very common, especially in children.The symptoms of tonsillitis are difficulty in swallowing, ear ache, fever, chills, sometimes headache and sore throat. The lymph nodes in the jaw and neck may be swollen and tender to touch. Folk Remedies to Treat Tonsillitis:
HERBS CAN PROVIDE RELIEF FROM THE SYMPTOMS OF TONSILLITIS!
- To get relief from the symptoms of tonsillitis, chamomile tea along with honey and lemon is a great remedy.
- Dissolve powdered alum (phitkari) in water and use the same as a gargle.
- Mix 1 tsp each of vacha (Acorus calamus) & mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) powder with honey and take thrice daily.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling a 5-6 leaves of basil with ginger rhizome and 2-3 cloves. Take 20 ml of the same with honey thrice daily.
- Boil approx 12-15 g of banafsha (Viola odorata) flowers in 50 ml milk. Take warm twice a day. The filtered residue can be heated and tied around the throat as a poultice at night.
- Prepare a gargle by simmering 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds for half an hour in a litre of water. For beneficial results use it for gargle twice daily.
- Prepare black tea and add some salt to it. Use it as a gargle to get relief from the ailment.
- Gargle with decoction prepared by boiling the bark of the acacia tree.
- Take honey regularly for preventing as well as curing tonsillitis. It can also be taken with a glass of warm milk to soothe the throat.
- Prepare a paste by boiling figs in water and apply externally on the throat area to provide a soothing effect.
- Gargle with warm water boiled with some basil leaves.
- The milk from raw papaya can be applied on the inflamed tonsilsto get relief. Source: HerbHealtH