As it turns out, the banana possesses quite a few hidden virtues. Listed below are just a few of them. Face: The active parts of the banana plants are a major source of antioxidants. Due to the high concentration of phytosterol and polyphenol, the banana counters the ageing of the skin. In addition, bananas face masks contribute to a good skin tone. Even today there is a new anti-aging skin care line based on the banana. Body: The banana ...
- makes for better digestion thanks to a strong fibre content.
- has a healing effect. In the traditional medicine of the countries in the southern hemisphere, the banana is known for its healing and soothing properties. It is therefore recommended to use the banana on superficial wounds, burns, skin infections and mouth ulcers. It also helps to rub the skin with the peel of a banana after insect bites to relieve itching and swelling.
- contributes to the fight against allergic diseases by inhibiting the production of histamine. This is possibly due to the high amount of copper present in the fruit.
- helps with anaemia. The strong iron content in the banana stimulates the production of haemoglobin.
- is a natural appetite suppressant. The banana is an excellent snack because it contains just enough sugar and fibre to satisfy the munchies.
- helps a hangover. Drink a banana milkshake the morning after a night out. The banana has a calming effect on the stomach and milk rehydrates the digestive system.
- creates better memory. The potassium in the banana develops the brain capacity and therefore also the memory.
Overall: Banana consumption is good for morale. Due to the rich content of magnesium and vitamin B, the banana contributes to the regulation of the nervous system and the maintenance of a good mood. Banana also appears to play a role as an Antidepressant thanks to the tryptophan content, an essential amino acid in this fruit. Source: Fresh Plaza