Eat lots of Green Vegetables & Fresh Fruits to keep Acidity at Bay!
Acidity is a condition wherein there is an excess production of acids by the gastric glands of stomach into the lower esophagus. The major symptoms of the ailment are heartburn, gas formation & blazing pain in the stomach. This article incorporates some natural herbal remedies to treat acidity, that are not only effective they don’t have any side effects as well.
- 1. To cure acidity, mix equal amounts of powdered clove (Syzygium aromaticum) and cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) and have a tsp of the same after meals.
- 2. Mix equal proportions of Harad (Terminalia chebula) with Indiangooseberry (Emblica officinalis) powder and store in an air-tight jar. Take a tbsp of the same after meals to get relief from acidity.
- 3. Dry roast a tsp of cumin (Cuminum cyminum) seeds & carom (Trachyspermum ammi) each. Now boil the seeds in a cup of water till water reduces to half. Add sugar to taste. Strain and drink.
- 4. A mixture of carom & salt can be administered whenever acidity occurs.
- 5. Boil a tsp of cumin seeds in a liter of water, simmer for about 10 min. Have the same twice daily for a week.
- 6. Boil a tsp of aniseed (Pimpinella anisum) in 100ml water & leave it overnight. Strain water & add a tsp of honey to it. Have it after meals to cure acidity.
- 7. Drink pomegranate (Punica granatum) and beetroot (Beta vulgaris) juice (1/2 cup) with a tbsp of honey. Take this empty stomach for a month. Eating vegetables like cucumber, spring onions, carrot, beans, pumpkin and drumsticks are all known to be effective against acidity. Include foods like bananas, lemon, watermelon, jaggery, almonds and yogurt in your diet. One must avoid aerated drinks, spicy and fried food, vinegar, chutneys, pickles, chocolates, etc. Cut down on smoking and alcohol consumption. A regular morning walk is useful for those suffering from acidity. Some yogic exercises like Pranayam (breathing exercise), Surya namaskara (sun salutation), Vajrasana (thunderbolt pose), Pachimottanasana (back spine stretching pose) & Makrasana (crocodile pose) can prove beneficial as these help to improve the body's metabolic rate. Don't forget to take adequate sleep. Learn to manage day to day stress & anxiety! Wish You All a Happy & Healthy Living! Source: HerbHealth