Fennel seeds (Foeniculum vulgare), a member of Apiaceae family are an aromatic and oval shaped with greenish yellow color. This perennial herb is a native to Southern Europe and the Mediterranean region popularly used in cooking and flavoring drinks. These seeds are rich in vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, thiamine & calcium. Fennel is reputed to have therapeutic role as an antispasmodic, analgesic, antacid, appetizer, carminative, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, laxative and galactgogue. Owing to its medicinal values, fennel is administered for treating day to day health problems. Find in this post some of such beneficial natural remedies with the herb, Fennel.
- Soak about 2 tbsp of fennel seeds in a glass of water overnight and strain the water next morning. Add a pinch of black salt & sugar to taste. This drink is known to be beneficial in Heat stroke.
- Boil about 2 tsp of fennel seeds in water. Let the mixture stand for 10 min. & strain. Add honey to taste and drink 2-3 cups everyday. This remedy is very effective for Nursing mother for increasing milk.
- Dry roast about 100 g of fennel seeds, add sugar in equal proportions and powder. Administer a tsp of the mixture 3-4 times daily in cases of Diarrhea.
- Eating a tsp of fennel seeds after meals is known to improve Digestion.
- Add about ½ tsp of powdered fennel seeds to the juice prepared from beet root & carrots. Having this drink beneficial in cases of Anemia.
- Taking fennel seeds with fig is known to relieve Bronchitis & other associated problems.
- Eating a tsp of fennel seeds in betel leaf taken after meals, is effectiveas a Mouth Freshener.
- Mix equal amounts of fennel seeds, dry ginger, carom seeds, black cumin seeds & powder. Add salt to it & store in a air tight container. Administering about ½ tsp of the mixture before meals acts as an Appetizer.
- Boil 2 tsp of fennel seeds in water & use it as a steam facial to cleanse & Rejuvenate Skin. Source: http://drgarimasancheti.blogspot.com